A video game's production schedule is usually divided into specific phases and milestones. On this page, I'll list the milestones that have been completed, the ones that remain, and elaborate on what I am currently focusing on.
1. Develop a basic game prototype as a proof-of-concept that demonstrates the general idea of the game - Completed February 28th, 2015.
2. Implement every core gameplay mechanic and rival elimination method - Completed March 31st, 2020.
3. Fully implement one "Rival" character - Completed August 31st, 2020.
4. Implement a system for progressing through 10 weeks - Completed October 10th, 2021.
5. Fix bugs, remove exploits, adjust difficulty, balance overpowered mechanics, replace low-quality art assets, implement features requested by users, polish and refine anything that is rough or "janky", make the game more presentable for the upcoming crowdfunding campaign - Currently In Progress.
6. Launch a crowdfunding campaign to secure the budget for developing the 9 remaining rivals.
7. Implement the second "Rival" character.
8. Put the game on Steam as an "Early Access" title.
9. Implement the 8 remaining "Rival" characters.
10. Release the finished game.
I am currently focusing on Milestone #5. It is a broad category composed of a wide spectrum of different tasks, but each one of those tasks is important for making the game presentable for the next milestone, the crowdfunding campaign.