Unfortunately, 90% of the bug reports that I receive do not contain enough information for me to fix the bug that is being reported. To understand how to send a useful bug report, please follow the instructions written below.
To fix a bug, I need to see a list of steps that cause the bug to happen 100% of the time. This is extremely important. Without a set of "repro steps", I can’t reproduce the bug or try to fix it.
If you figure out a set of steps that reliably causes the bug to happen, then please tell me what those steps are. If you can't give me extremely clear instructions on exactly how to replicate the bug that you found, then don't bother sending me a bug report. If I cannot experience the bug for myself, then I won't be able to fix it.
- DO NOT report bugs that you saw in a Let's Play video. New builds are updated very frequently, so YouTube videos become outdated very quickly.
- If you only encounter a bug ONCE and you cannot cause it to happen again, DO NOT bother reporting it
- ONLY report a bug if you can successfully trigger the bug any time you try to make it happen.
- ONLY report a bug if you can can tell me exactly what I must do to experience it for myself.
- DO NOT report bugs that can only occur when you are using debug commands. Debug commands will not be available in the final game, so it's pointless to report bugs that result from them.
- DO NOT use vague language. ONLY use extremely specific and clear language.
- DO NOT attempt to tell jokes in your bug report. ONLY give me the facts.
If all of these criteria are met, head to the Contact page and report the bug you found.
It isn't necessary, but it would really, really help if you would send me video footage of the bug.
- The protagonist and the camera can clip through some walls and some props because collision has not yet been added to them. This is most noticable in the school bathrooms.
- If a student dies very close to a wall or an object, they may clip into the wall or object, and the ragdoll physics on their corpse will break.
Blood and Gore
- When dismembering a female corpse, the body parts that appear will be wearing a white schoolgirl uniform regardless of what the NPC was wearing.
- When holding a bloody object near any non-bloody object, the non-bloody object may temporarily have a bloody texture.
- NPCs don’t react to the sight of dismembered limbs yet.
- The police don’t acknowledge dismembered limbs yet.
- NPCs don’t react to the sight of blood yet.
- If multiple teachers witness a corpse, they will all call the police even though only one of them needs to call the police, and they will have difficulty pathfinding to a position around the corpse.
- If you push a girl off the school rooftop, the shoes that are removed from her feet are always black, regardless of the actual color of her shoes.
- Sometimes an NPC will get stuck on other NPCs while trying to walk to their destination.
- Resetting the day after investing Study Points doesn’t reset the Study Points.
- If you kill a student, they can still post messages on social media.
- If you play the game at a screen resolution that does not use a 16:9 aspect ratio, you will see strange visual effects when Yandere Vision is active.
- Sometimes, after taking a photograph, Xbox controller buttons will be displayed onscreen instead of keyboard keys.
Not a Bug
- If you see this, or if you can’t see any text displaying when you try to play the game, it means that your download was corrupted, or your anti-virus software made a mistake and deleted some of Yandere Simulator’s files. The only solution is to re-download the game.
- Students and teachers currently can not travel to the farthest reaches of the map outside of the school. For now, this is intentional, because allowing them to travel beyond the school would significantly impact the framerate.
- The lighting inside of bathrooms works differently than the lighting everywhere else in the game. This is intentional for now.
- Currently, Yandere-chan can only wear gloves while wearing her school uniform; not her gym uniform, or a swimsuit.
- I’m not going to change anything about the appearance or behavior of a dead Titan corpse.